Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit the Site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on the Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to Us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include:
- Log Information - We collect log information about Users of the Site, including Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, web browser, links clicked and the page User visited before navigating to the Site.
- Device Information - We collect information about the device User used to access Our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information and information about User's use of Our applications.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We and Our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on User's hard drive or in device memory that help Us improve the Site and User experience, see which areas and features of Our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in Our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “User Choices”. Note that some parts of the Site may not function properly if cookies are refused.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information We collect through the Site. For example, if User creates or logs into their account through a third-party social media site, We will have access to certain information from that site, such as User name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site; We may also collect information about User when User posts content to Our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
How We Use Collected Information
Sincerely Ginger Jewelry may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote Our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services User requests, process transactions and send related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send User technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to User comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with User about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Sincerely Ginger Jewelry and others, and provide news and information We think will be of interest to User;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with Our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match User profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine information we get from others to help understand User needs and provide User with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information We collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to Us, User consents to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How We Protect User Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing User Personal Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on Our behalf;
- When User participates in the interactive areas of our Site, certain information User provides may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information User chooses to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe User actions are inconsistent with Our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Sincerely Ginger Jewelry or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With User consent or at User's direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which lets User share actions taken on the Site with other media, and vice versa. User use of such features enables the sharing of information with User friends or the public, depending on the settings User establishes with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Users may find advertising or other content on Our Site that link to the sites and services of Our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third-parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize Our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, We are required to notify Our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that We and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about User activities on the Site. Among other uses, this allows Us to contact User if User begins to fill out Our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding User to complete the order. The “Remarketing” feature allows Us to reach Users who previously visited the Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union citizens. As a company that markets its Site, content, products and/or services online we do not specifically target Our marketing to the EU or conduct business in or to the EU in any meaningful way. If the data that User provides to Us in the course of the use of the Site or services or products is governed by GDPR, We will abide by the relevant portions of the regulation. If User is a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this Site from within the EEA, User may have the right to request: access to, correction of, deletion of, portability of, and restriction or objection to processing, of User personal data, from Us. This includes the “right to be forgotten.” To make any of these requests, please contact our GDPR contact at email@example.com.
- Account Information - User may review, correct or modify information maintained in User online account at any time by logging into User account and updating User profile information or by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If User wishes to delete or deactivate account, please email Us at email@example.com, but note that some information User provides through the Site may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments submitted through the Site) and that We may continue to store information about User as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about User for a certain period of time.
- Cookies - Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If User prefers, User can usually choose to set the browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Site.
- Promotional Communications - User may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If User opts out, We may still send User non-promotional communications, such as those about User account or Our ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications/Alerts - With User consent, We may send push notifications or alerts to User device. User can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on User device.
Age of Consent
By using this site, User represents that User is at least the age of majority in User's state or providence of residence, or that User is the age of majority in User's state or providence of residence and User has given us User's consent to allow any of User's minor dependents to use this Site.
User Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, User signifies acceptance of this policy. If User does not agree to this policy, please do not use Our Site. User's continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed User acceptance of those changes.
Last Updated January 19, 2019